Le Petit Moulin
Before booking your holiday with us please ensure that you have read and understood the following Terms and Conditions.
- The Gites form part of the property known as Le Petit Moulin and are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Simon and Sara Clark (we the owners) to the renter (you the client) and/or their party.
- To book and reserve a Gite, the Client should complete and sign the BOOKING FORM and return it (preferably online) with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total rent due. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send you an email or written confirmation of the booking. This is the formal acceptance of the booking and your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (section 4) is payable no less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Gite. In this event, section 5 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- A security deposit of £150 is required in case of, for example, damage to Gites and the property or it contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit your responsibility to us. We will refund the deposit (less any amounts for breakages etc) within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
- Subject to clauses 2 & 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will only be made if it is possible to re-let the Gite, and any reasonable expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. We strongly recommended you arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) to have full cover for damage to the Owner’s property, consequential losses, the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 11am on the last day. We shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before 4pm and you will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated, although best efforts will be made to accommodate the clients travel arrangements.
- The maximum number to reside in the cottage must not exceed the numbers stated on the booking form, unless specifically agreed by us the Owners.
- We aim to provide a peaceful and tranquil setting for your holiday. When booking you agree to be considerate to other guests and neighbours, to take good care of the Gite and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition. The Owner reserves the right to terminate residencies and bookings with immediate effect with no refund in the event of serious anti social behaviour. We reserve the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Gite in an unacceptable condition.
- Please report to us without any delay any defects in the Gite or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Gite, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client for: For any injury, loss or damage to the Client personally, their belongings, or vehicles; For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Gite, nor in the respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Gite, garden or swimming pool. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period. The clients use of the property amenities and facilities is entirely at their own risk eg pool, canoes, bikes, hammocks, etc.
- The swimming pool & all facilities are strictly for the use of Residential Clients Only. No third parties will be granted access to the facilities.
- Strictly no pets allowed unless previously arranged with the Owner’s.
- Please note that no smoking is allowed in any of the Gites. If you or anyone in your party do smoke please use the ashtrays provided outside and around the grounds and respect other people. Please do not drop cigarette ends on the ground.
- Every effort has been made to insure that the description of the accommodation and facilities is accurate, however the Owner can not accept any liability for anything beyond their control.
- The rental includes 8kw/h of electricity per day, any additional usage will be charged at the going rate of 0.19 euro per kwh. This is purely aimed at discouraging people from going out for the day and leaving lights and heaters on. Meters will be read on arrival and departure
- This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.