Le Martin-Pecheur – Charming two bedroom gite, sleeps 6. Self-catering
Our traditional French gite gets it’s name from the colourful ‘le martin-pecheur’, or kingfisher, that are frequently spotted along the riverbank. This family-sized gite has all the accommodation on the ground floor, including the two bedrooms. One of the bedrooms has a double bed and bunk beds, and the other has a king-sized bed. There is also a large shower room and separate toilet.
The gite’s open plan family living space includes a comfortable corner sofa and chairs, TV with Freeview, and DVD player. There’s also a dining table and chairs, and the well-equipped kitchen has all mod-cons. Including a gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, coffee machine and a dishwasher. In addition, we provide plenty of pots, pans, crockery and cutlery.
As well as an iron and ironing board in the gite, there is a washing machine provided for our guests in the utility room in the barn. However, we do not provide washing powder or fabric softener.
The double-glazed patio doors lead out onto a large private garden with a picnic table, and your own barbecue. Take advantage of this great space in the warm summer evenings to dine ‘al fresco’. Alternatively, you can sit out under a star-filled sky and watch for shooting stars. Either way, we are confident that you will find lots of ways to enjoy being outdoors, away from the noise and hassle of urban life.
All included in the price
- All bedding, bath towels, kitchen towels (pool towels not provided)
- Free Wi-Fi (available in the games barn)
- Free parking on the courtyard
- Large outdoor swimming pool, with sunbeds (for all guests to use)
- Kayaks, paddles and life jackets – for on site use only
- Adults and children’s bicycles. Chariot and baby seats also available (cycle helmets are not provided)
- Petanque court and boules, and other outdoor games
- Football nets, badminton nets and rackets
- Supervised Archery lesson
- Fishing rods for on site use only
- Children’s playground
- Communal Games Room with table tennis, pool table, table football. As well stacks of games, puzzles, toys and books for tots and toddlers.
We also have a limited selection of travel cots, changing mats, blankets, stair gate, highchairs and pushchairs. These can be provided on request, and are free of charge. But to ensure these are available for the whole of your stay, please confirm what you need when you are booking.
Small dogs are allowed in the gites, but you must contact us prior to booking for further information. However, for health and safety reasons we do not allow dogs in and around the pool area, or children’s play areas. They are also not allowed on the furniture, or any of the beds. If you decide to bring your dog with you then they must not be left in the gites by themselves. A refundable 50€ deposit must be paid on arrival, in case there is any damage caused by your pets.
We do not allow smoking in any of the gites or communal areas. Smoking is allowed in the garden and courtyard, but please be considerate to our other guests, especially when there are children nearby. And you must use the ashtrays and bins provided to safely dispose of your finished cigarettes.